Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back on Sunday

I have a long essay on Ashis Nandy's very good book Talking India ready, but since it began as a review for a newspaper and that piece is out on Sunday, I'll have to wait for Sunday before I can put it up.

And although I have many exciting new books on my desk - such as Terrestrial Intelligence and World Beat, two beautiful new anthologies of world prose and poetry from New Directions, one of my favourite publishing houses; the scholar of religion Karen Armstrong's The Great Transformation, and Frederick Brown's beautiful new biography of Flaubert (you can read a chapter of Brown's very rich, satisfying descriptions of Flaubert's world here) - I have so much else to do by way of planning and preparation before I leave on Thursday that I've left pieces on these books for after I come back.

Thanks again for all the kind emails and comments, and there'll be a new piece here on Sunday morning. If you'd like to read any of my older work in the meantime, most of my good older pieces are linked to from here.

No comments: